Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Series of Seriously Abstracted Memoirs

My first thought this morning, before my eyes were even open, was I need to find a photo polymer plate maker.  (naturally, I mean who doesn't wake up thinking such things?) As if that wasn't striking enough, my second thought was, my memoir really needs to consist of a series of books. Then my brain starts listing off the titles. Annoying really, as I wasn't planning on waking up yet - or writing a memoir. But no, my brain insisted. so I got up and wrote the five titles down.

It occurs to me that this is, perhaps, strange? although maybe not so strange. I don't really know. I mean, how do other people's brains work, if not like mine?

I've had no designs on the memoir, other than making this book cover to submit to Uppercase Magazine.  So the fact that my brain wakes me up with such a final decision as 'my memoir needs to consist of five books,' and 'here are the titles,' well that's a bit unnerving. I mean, who's driving this cart anyway, and how big is THAT ego to assume a memoir of THIS life would be warranted? seriously.  Then again, how often do you awake with such clear instructions?

So, the titles? Well...
  1. dullard, a loose connection of meaningful things
  2. Shallow, Misconceptions of Depth at Art School 
  3. Falling into the Ocean, [not so] accurate memories of L.A. [a picture book]
  4. Sponge [no subtitle forthcoming] 
  5. Manic, confessions of a pencil stub.
That's all I got - but apparently my brain has some work for me yet. At any rate, does anyone know where I can get a photo polymer plate maker? And while we're at it, can anyone tell me what a photo polymer plate maker is?

Thanks ever so,

.n

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails