Monday, August 16, 2010

In the Studio

So, a couple of weeks ago I was forwarded a call for entries for Uppercase Magazine to create a self portrait through book design.  I've been working on several ideas, but the first is Dullard: a Memoir - taking the prompt quite literally, I created a self portrait in print, using linoleum blocks.  I then scanned the image into photoshop to work up the rest of the cover (which is still in process).

 Another idea is Bookish, for which I wanted to use scratch board to create an image of a book shelf in disarray. Problematic, as no one in my town seems to carry scratch board. In fact, no one seems to know what scratch board even is.  I realize I've been out of graduate school for a few years now - but we used scratchboard like crazy to create quick, print-like designs. (Perhaps it was an anomaly).




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails