Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bad Dreams happen to good Vacuum Tables

I awoke this morning from a dream, in which my former landlord was hauling away all my paper making equipment like prisoners to a death camp. Now, I know it is not nice, or fair, to liken anyone to a Nazi - although, clearly, my subconscious did not get that memo - but it felt like the end of the world. So, now I'm redesigning my vacuum table with a shallower sink base, smaller holes, and (heavily sealed) marine grade plywood. I will post the plans when I'm done.

My current vacuum table (currently in storage) is a 4' x 4' x 8" monster, made of melamine covered particle board, plasti-coat, plexiglass, and (way too soft) brass screws. It (usually) sits atop saw horses with a connection for the wet/dry vac on the underside. I'd say it weighs close to 70 lbs. and has been moved from Detroit to North Carolina to Colorado and back to North Carolina & is still intact. (Thanks to Gary Venable, Cranbrook Academy of Art).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails